FIRE AND EMERGENCY PROCEDURES
NEVER OPEN A HOT DOOR!!!!
If you cannot leave your unit:
- Put a wet towel at the bottom of your unit door and open a window.
- Call the fire department – 911. Tell them your unit number.
- You will be evacuated as soon as possible.
TO EVACUATE THE BUILDING
- Leave your unit. Close the door. Do NOT use an elevator.
- Go to the nearest stairwell. Do not enter a smoke-filled stairwell. Go to another exit.
- Close the stairwell door.
- Go to Bayard Street (Between Morewood & Amberson).
- Do not return until advised by the Pittsburgh Fire Chief.